Here are the other publications and events where I write and contribute on the subject of long-term, local and experiential travel.
My audience is women and men aged 28-55 who want to experience life change through travel. They are of the more adventurous sort and typically professionals.
- “Letting Go on the Ganges” Best Women’s Travel Writing, Volume 8. Published May 2012. Available on Amazon.
- “Color Within the Lines” Bay Area Travel Writer’s Stories from Around the Globe. Pubilshed March, 2012. Available on Lulu.
- Where to Go in 2013: AFAR Ambassador List, January 2013
- Featured Traveler on AFAR.com, November 2012
- Reading at 2012 Litcrawl, part of the citywide Litquake, October 2012.
- Editor’s Choice on Traveler’s Tales web site, September 2012.
- Interviewed on Women’s Radio Network.
- AFAR.com blogger ambassador
- Featured in “How to Travel the World for Months (Years) at a Time” on the Huffington Post, July 2012.
- Featured panelist at Gogobot’s Travel Salon on Long-Term Travel, July 2012.
- Featured panelist at Hostelling International’s panel on solo women travel, June 2012.
- Featured panelist on travel blogging at Bay Area Travel Writer’s annual industry meeting. Shared the stage with Spud Hilton, travel editor of the San Francisco Chronicle, and Andy Murdock, digital editor at Lonely Planet. December 2011.
- Featured speaker on travel blogging at travel writer Diane LeBow’s “Travel Writing: Enriching Your Travels Through Writing” class at the Osher Institute for Lifelong Learning at San Francisco State.
- San Francisco host of 2012 Meet Plan Go! national and local events on October 16, 2012.
- Featured panelist at 2011 Meet Plan Go! San Francisco Event: A national event encouraging professionals to take career sabbaticals to travel. Also read the recap by co-founder Sherry Ott.
- “By the Time I’m 50” featured on HerJourneyto50.com blog.
- San Francisco LOCAL on No Onions Extra Pickles: Published interview San Francisco art blog as a “local” traveler.
- Photo of Medina in Fez showcased on the NBC Today Show blog Bites.
- How to Represent Travel on Your Resume: Featured in article by Sherry Ott on Nomadic Matt’s Travel Site.
Travel Writing Portfolio
- The Best Women’s Travel Writing, Volume 8: True Stories from Around the World (Travelers’ Tales) My story “Letting Go on the Ganges” about how I let my wedding ring go on the Ganges River in India was selected for this yearly anthology.This story also won the Bronze SOLAS award in the Travel and Healing category>
- Travel Stories from Around the Globe The story “Color Within the Lines” about my volunteer experience in Kolkata, India won a place in the Bay Area Travel Writer’s Anthology.
- On the Other Side Are Your Travel Dreams As a part of my announcement as the 2012 Meet Plan Go San Francisco host, my essay on how change towards ones travel dreams is very positive indeed. Published on Meetplango.com
- Solo Female Travel: Best Vacation Destinations to Exert Your Independence For women who strive to challenge themselves while they travel, these vacation destinations go beyond the sight-seeing/eating/shopping routine and make the solo gal traveler be all she can be. Published on Vayama.com
- Best Destination for Solo Women Travelers Women are traveling alone all over the globe. It’s an excellent way to get to know yourself and these four destinations a little better. Published on Vayama.com
- The Dosa Experiment Back from South India, a hungry reader finds that when she needs a dosa fix, she has to make it herself. Published on Fathomaway Online Travel Magazine.
- Just One Day in San Francisco? Visit North Beach and Chinatown If you have only one day to see San Francisco, you can explore the magic of North Beach and Chinatown to get the full flavor of the City. Published on SFTravel.com
- Breakfast at the Ferry Building Farmer’s Market Start a San Francisco day with local favorites at the iconic Ferry Building on SFTravel.com
- The Three Tastes of Healdsburg Discover three unique wineries that capture the essence of Sonoma County’s wine region on CloutandAbout.com
- Five Must See Museums in Downtown San Francisco Unusual and incredible museums within walking distance of most downtown hotels on SFTravel.com
- Consulting to Pay for Long-Term Travel on travel web site Meet Plan Go! A web site dedicated to promoting big trips
- Five Things to Do in San Francisco on travel web site GotSaga.com
- Travel Interrupted: Mumbai 24 Hours after the 26/11 attacks on Boots N All Travel Network (please forgive the formatting).
Interviewed by iSeeiTravel, an organization dedicated to conscious travel.