Here are the other publications and events by Take Your Big Trip on the subject of long-term, local and experiential travel.
This web site’s audience is women and men aged 28-55 who want to experience life change through travel. They are of the more adventurous sort and typically professionals.
Check out Take Your Big Trip at SXSW ’15 Interactive!
- By Kristin Zibell “Letting Go on the Ganges” Best Women’s Travel Writing, Volume 8. Published May 2012. Available on Amazon.
- By Kristin Zibell “Color Within the Lines” Bay Area Travel Writer’s Stories from Around the Globe. Pubilshed March, 2012. Available on Lulu.
- 10 Well-Traveled Women on the Best Thing to Have in Your Travel Wardrobe, in Thought Catalog, January 2015.
- Top 20 San Francisco-Based Bloggers on Flipkey
- Ignite speaker at Travel Massive on “Travel Was Just the Beginning“, June 2014. You can view the content here as a post.
- Panelist at Travel with Purpose; Travel with Passion for the World Affairs Council/Asia Society Young Professionals Group, January 2014.
- Moderator for the World Affairs Council/Asia Society Panel International Career Night, November 2013.
- Waypost Travel Talk Series on Spiritual Travel, February 2013
- Where to Go in 2013: AFAR Ambassador List, January 2013
- Featured Traveler on AFAR.com, November 2012
- Reading at 2012 Litcrawl, part of the citywide Litquake, October 2012.
- Editor’s Choice on Traveler’s Tales web site, September 2012.
- Interviewed on Women’s Radio Network.
- AFAR.com blogger ambassador
- Featured in “How to Travel the World for Months (Years) at a Time” on the Huffington Post, July 2012.
- Featured panelist at Gogobot’s Travel Salon on Long-Term Travel, July 2012.
- Featured panelist at Hostelling International’s panel on solo women travel, June 2012.
- Featured panelist on travel blogging at Bay Area Travel Writer’s annual industry meeting. Shared the stage with Spud Hilton, travel editor of the San Francisco Chronicle, and Andy Murdock, digital editor at Lonely Planet. December 2011.
- Featured speaker on travel blogging at travel writer Diane LeBow’s “Travel Writing: Enriching Your Travels Through Writing” class at the Osher Institute for Lifelong Learning at San Francisco State.
- San Francisco host of 2012 Meet Plan Go! national and local events on October 16, 2012.
- Featured panelist at 2011 Meet Plan Go! San Francisco Event: A national event encouraging professionals to take career sabbaticals to travel. Also read the recap by co-founder Sherry Ott.
- “By the Time I’m 50” featured on HerJourneyto50.com blog.
- San Francisco LOCAL on No Onions Extra Pickles: Published interview San Francisco art blog as a “local” traveler.
- Photo of Medina in Fez showcased on the NBC Today Show blog Bites.
- How to Represent Travel on Your Resume: Featured in article by Sherry Ott on Nomadic Matt’s Travel Site.
Travel Writing Portfolio
- The Best Women’s Travel Writing, Volume 8: True Stories from Around the World (Travelers’ Tales) My story “Letting Go on the Ganges” about how I let my wedding ring go on the Ganges River in India was selected for this yearly anthology.This story also won the Bronze SOLAS award in the Travel and Healing category>
- Travel Stories from Around the Globe The story “Color Within the Lines” about my volunteer experience in Kolkata, India won a place in the Bay Area Travel Writer’s Anthology.
- On the Other Side Are Your Travel Dreams As a part of my announcement as the 2012 Meet Plan Go San Francisco host, my essay on how change towards ones travel dreams is very positive indeed. Published on Meetplango.com
- The Dosa Experiment Back from South India, a hungry reader finds that when she needs a dosa fix, she has to make it herself. Published on Fathomaway Online Travel Magazine.
- The Three Tastes of Healdsburg Discover three unique wineries that capture the essence of Sonoma County’s wine region on CloutandAbout.com
- Consulting to Pay for Long-Term Travel on travel web site Meet Plan Go! A web site dedicated to promoting big trips
- Five Things to Do in San Francisco on travel web site GotSaga.com
- Travel Interrupted: Mumbai 24 Hours after the 26/11 attacks on Boots N All Travel Network (please forgive the formatting).
- “Letting Go on the Ganges” Best Women’s Travel Writing, Volume 8. Published May 2012. Available on Amazon. “Color Within the Lines” Bay Area Travel Writer’s Stories from Around the Globe. Pubilshed March, 2012. Available on Lulu.
Interviewed by iSeeiTravel, an organization dedicated to conscious travel.